Thursday, January 26, 2012

Why is it customary for men to cut their hair short but not women?

because men have been cutting their hair short for centuries so its become the norm. Where as womens hair is associated with beauty through out history, thus long hair = beautiful hair (according to norms and historical cultural practices)





I believe ( I could be wrong) that men started cutting their hair short to keep it from become a problem in battle. Wouldn't be to good to have some guy grabbing your hair and cutting your head off with a sword.Why is it customary for men to cut their hair short but not women?
I believe this is work related. Men are traditionally relegated to hard labor and hair gets in the way when you bend over to remove rocks or to plant your crop. The same thing with kilts (skirts) vs pants-nobody wants to see THAT all day!Why is it customary for men to cut their hair short but not women?
I have no idea. I used to have past the shoulder length hair (I'm a guy), but I had to get a business cut to make a good impression at a national conference. I like women with short hair (I think they are really hot) but I also like women with really long hair too.
Customary where?





Men and women can cut their hair;but most men probably prefer/are atracted to a woman with long hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment