Thursday, December 29, 2011

What are the pros & co's of doing your hair yourself vs. going to a certified hair dresser?

Everytime I got to the beauty shop I spend 120 dollars thats just for color. I like the way she does my hair and I know that you have to be careful who you go to. I have naturally red hair, it's blonde now. I'm just scared if I do it myself that it will break off %26amp; become extremely damaged.What are the pros %26amp; co's of doing your hair yourself vs. going to a certified hair dresser?
I'm sure a lot of Professional Hairstylists do it. I know they go to the Senior Citizens Lodges, Nursing Homes and Hospitals too. Next week ';Bad Hair Day'; is at my place and a couple of my neighbors will be there too. It's your turn to bring a gallon of vodka Celine. Mom's bringing the treats and I'm making Chili. All the kids are going to Grandpas so we'll have the day to ourselves. So ...Ya...get a home group going there PregO Nurse...it's fun!!!! And you'll save a pot full of money for that new baby too.What are the pros %26amp; co's of doing your hair yourself vs. going to a certified hair dresser?
I agree with you 111 %. You know what happened to me? The girl I usually go to went to another place and when I caught up to her she was booked up. So she had a couple of minutes to chat and she told me since she was so busy that she could do my hair on her day off at my home. Since she wasn't doing it at the shop she could charge me less plus she would get a discount on any products I needed and wanted. She was only putting in 3 days a week at the shop and I guess she got paid better. Anyway, so she came over, did my hair and everything for $75.00. Don't forget this included the color, shampoo and conditioner that I ordered through her. So now she does it for 4 other friends of mine too. We all get together at someones house and make a day of it. We call it ';Bad Hair Day';. She sure saves us all a lot of money and gets to keep her regular job. She enjoys the flexability and being able to pass the savings on to us. Most of what a shop charges goes to the shop, the hairdresser doesn't see it. Kinda shows you the markup. On average now it costs $50.00 since you don't have to buy shampoo and conditioner all the time. I tried to do it myself before but I can't get it to turn out as good.
YOU DO NEED TO BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT YOURSELF...HERE'S SOMETHINGS TO KEEP IN MIND...FIRST OF ALL, IF YOU HAVE NATURALY RED HAIR AND ARE BLONDE NOW...IF YOU GO BUY A BOX COLOR FROM TARGET OR WHERE EVER, CHANCES ARE YOUR HAIR IS GOING TO COME OUT ORANGEY/YELLOW....THE REASON WHY IS BECAUSE THOSE BOX COLORS DON'T HAVE A HIGH ENOUGH VOLUME WITH IT TO GET A REDHEAD TO A PRETTY BLONDE...IT COMES WITH THE SAFEST LEVEL OF VOLUME BECAUSE THE PEOPLE USING THOSE AREN'T TRAINED IN COLOR...SECONDLY, CHANGES ARE YOUR STYLIST USES A LIGHTNER WHICH IS THE PROFESSIONAL TERM FOR HAIR BLEACH...IF YOU GO TO SALLYS BEAUTY SUPPLY, YOU AREN'T GOING TO GET THE SAME LEVEL OF QUALITY FROM THOSE TYPE OF PRODUCTS..CHANCES OF YOU RUINING YOUR HAIR DOING IT YOURSELF IS A BIG CHANCE TO TAKE...IF YOU DO SCREW UP YOUR HAIR, IT'S GOING TO COST MORE FOR CORRECTIVE COLOR THAN JUST IF YOU GO TO HER AND LET HER DO IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment