Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Is it fun being a hair dresser/cosmotologist/ kind of job?

Any girls out there cosmotologists? I think it would be fun to go to the Paul Mitchell school in Costa Mesa, CA (close to where I live). It seems like a fun offbeat kind of 2nd job. Anyone have experience w/ those funky beauty schools?





What kind of personality do you have to have to do it? (not just a haircutter, but an all around hair cutter, makeup artist, stylist etc.)Is it fun being a hair dresser/cosmotologist/ kind of job?
I'm not a cosmetologist but one of my friends is and from what she's said- it isn't an easy job, it demands a lot of patience, practice, and you have to have a good work ethic. You have to be even-tempered or at least be able to keep your cool at all times. And you need to be at least moderately outgoing. But overall, she enjoys it because it's fun to talk with her clients and get to know them and make them feel and look beautiful.





Good luck!Is it fun being a hair dresser/cosmotologist/ kind of job?
I am an Esthetologist, which is skincare I don't do hair but I do facials and waxing and am a make up artist they teach you more about that in my field. I do work in salons with cosmos. You have to be outgoing and ready to promote yourself in order to build clientele. Also I believe a good personal appearance is very important. Good Luck!! I love this field it is definitely a lot of fun!!
You have to be outgoing. You cannot mind gossip because that's what goes on. While you're getting your hair done, or while you're doing hair, you talk and talk and talk...not for the shy and introverted. It will most likely be as fun as you make it since most people look forward to getting their hair done. Creativity is a must! Also, if you can't stand for long periods of time, this isn't the job for you.
I enjoy my job immensely. I have a very outgoing, friendly personality. Don't let people scare you. You have to take charge and let them know you know your job. I do hair all round aspects, color, cut, waxing, manicuring, pedicures, makeup, styles, and anything else some people dream up. Its completely awesome. But a few people, nothing in life makes them happy, don't take anything personal. I'm thinking about going to New York, for the Redken Colorist class, I think that would be fun.
Hi! I'm attending the Paul Mitchell Academy in Dallas, TX.


It all comes down to are you willing to do hair (yes, perms and little old ladies, too) for a long time?


It's expensive. 1 yr is $15,000.


Honestly?


You learn a lot but you can do just as well at a less expensive local school. Once you get out of school, the salon that hires you makes you either apprentice or learn how to cut hair all over again....and do it THEIR way...no matter where you had gone to school.


If you're going to do it then make sure you are dedicated enough to go to school and cut hair from 9 to 5, five days a week, with no pay!


Good Luck!





ps: One good thing about going to a more expensive school is that you're pretty much guaranteed a job at a posh salon. I have friends that are already doing hair for runways, photoshoots, and celebrities...if the money is an important aspect of why you would like to go, then go big.

No comments:

Post a Comment