Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Do I need a license to be a hair dresser in Montreal?

I'm considering going back to school to finish my studies of cosmetology, however, I wish to work in Montreal. I am wondering if I need to have an acquired license to work as a hair stylist in Montreal? HELP!Do I need a license to be a hair dresser in Montreal?
Well I know we have schools for cosmetology here in Montreal and I am going out on a limb here but I would say that experience will be needed. I see signs up and postings in the paper from time to time and all they mention from what I saw was experience. If you open your own place or work from home that could work. My hair dresser has her studio built on to her house.





The other factor that you need to consider is your French. Most if not all will require that you be bilingual. I guess it's good so you don't end up getting the request for layers confused with a bob cut if they ask you in French. lol





Good luckDo I need a license to be a hair dresser in Montreal?
I don't know where your writing from,but if you contact the Canadian embassy or mission in your city they would be happy to tell you, make sure you have the required number of hours to be eligible,also sit for the exam in your city as it will be much easier to apply for a license,if you all ready have one from another state or country...good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment