Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Is it easy too earn a living being a hair dresser?

i think it takes a while to get somewhere. but once you do you can make good if you are good and push to work somewhere nice. but if you just work at your local super cuts. you wont make much...sorry to anyone that does. you can tell me otherwise if you do.





you might have to live in a bigger city.








ps. i have an interview at a salon that is 60 and up for a haircut next week. wish me good luck!Is it easy too earn a living being a hair dresser?
depends on if you have an eye for what looks good on others. It does take a long time to get clientele, probably about 2 yrs if your good. I would recomend going to a nice school like Paul Mitchell or even Toni %26amp; Guy. I would not work for T%26amp;G though. They don't pay much. I would start out a nice salon as help %26amp; learning under someone already established. Then find a nice lease space. Really nice places are about $125 to 175 weekly but well worth the money cause haircuts usually run $65 to $125.00 %26amp; color from $125 to $300 which is all yours .Is it easy too earn a living being a hair dresser?
yeahh. if you have alot of business and you are really good at it.
I am a barber. I'm on a 2 hour break, I came in at 10am today (they open at 8am) and I've made about $40 in 4 hours in tips and my share (50%) of the money. When I get back at 4pm, I'll work until 8pm (when they close) and in those 4 hours, I should make $60-70. Tomorrow I'll make $120-150. Sunday about $100. I'm off Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday, I'm lucky if I make $100. Typical weekly earnings run around $500-550. I'm hardly getting rich. I'm not a kid, I have a following. I still work split shifts most weekdays. My health insurance is $250 a month for me. My employer pays half of the $250 and I pay half. This is a NY State program, pretty cheap and not very common in this biz. I don't know many barbers or hair dressers with benefits.


It's a living. Not a great one!
No, hairdressers don't make a lot of money. There are extra things you can do- weddings, etc after hours. I think, if you are good, you can work up to a nice place and get tipped well. I pay $50 to get my hair cut, so he has to have a good living. And he cuts it in 30 minutes. He is 60 years old, though, it took a long time. You'd make a modest living.

No comments:

Post a Comment