Thursday, December 29, 2011

How much should you tip a hair dresser? Is there a percentage you go by?

my hair dresser does a WONDERFUL job making sure i get exactly what i want. i usually give her a $10 tip, which is probably considered generous when the cut is only $20. but my reasoning is i get the same or better cut going to her than some fancy salon, and at a salon i'd be paying at least $30. i just try to pay her what she's worth.How much should you tip a hair dresser? Is there a percentage you go by?
Generally speaking, ten percent. There are things to consider such as time spent on your hair, what he or she had to do etc. the more involved the procedure and the better they did the more you should tip. Of course if you leave with a mess of hair or something that was not what was discussed in the first place (i.e I want a cut a color how much will it be- and they say 80 dollars then charge you 110$) you don't need to tip anything unless you feel absurdly generous.How much should you tip a hair dresser? Is there a percentage you go by?
I normally tip 2 dollars, if the price is $12 or under
I dont tip by the percentage I tip by the quality of their work and if they were friendly...the other day I got a cut, shampoo, and straighten.I also bought some products so I tipped my dresser $7
15 % of the cost of service. Don't forget the hair shampooer $2 to $5 dollars.
for a 25 dollar haircut, i tip 5 dollars or maybe less.
I don't know about %, but I usually tip between $5-$10
$10 is a fair amount. If it is a discount place, you can get away with $5. If you are a kid, $5 is reasonable either way. If it is a very posh place, do not go under $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment