Thursday, December 29, 2011

Can someone tell me the bad things about being a hair dresser?

I have been wanting to be a hairdresser for a long time. I do believe I would love it. The only thing that is keeping me from not doing it is that I do not take criticism well and I am so afraid someone is not going to like what I do to their hair and if I mess it up. Is there anyone that is a hairdresser that can ease my mind?Can someone tell me the bad things about being a hair dresser?
Go for it! I felt the same way when I got into the business. Once you receive the education, you find a confidence that will make you forget all those things. It is a very creative and full filling career.The one thing is,you must love people. I do, and it has worked for me for a long time. It is hard work, but a lot of money can be made. And there are a lot of diversities to the job also. Check it out! If you have the interest go for it. Good Luck to you!Can someone tell me the bad things about being a hair dresser?
I am not a hairdresser, but I know from experience that many women are VERY particular about their hair and sometimes have a vision in their mind about how they want their hair to look. Some might even bring in a picture. The problem is...it may be very hard to get their hair to exactly how they want it. So you might need to grow some tougher skin. You are afraid someone won't like their har? you an be POSITIVE several someones won't like their hair throughout your career and may even be downright rude or nasty about it.
One of my friends decided to become a hair dresser, and within a couple of years she had varicose veins. Once, after she did someone's hair, the girl left and came back, except while she was gone she had cut chunks out of her hair. They told her manager that my friend had done it, but since no one except the customer and my friend had seen her leave, the manager gave her a free hair cut.
my aunts been a hair dresser for about 30 years and now she has veracose veins all over her legs from standing for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment