Thursday, December 29, 2011

How much are you supposed to tip your hair dresser? I spent $80 today and gave my stylist a $10 tip.?

Is that too much? Too little? What's the rule? Usually at a restaurant, I give double the tax. Is it supposed to be about 15% at the hair salon? Same for getting nails done?





I work in a service job as well, so I understand the whole tip thing when you work with people.. However, I am a doctor and my profession (along with lawyers) has been labelled as the 'worst tippers'. I dopn't know why.How much are you supposed to tip your hair dresser? I spent $80 today and gave my stylist a $10 tip.?
truth is, the salon owner overcharges you and the poor stylist is probably depending on the tip. they all have wrist pain and carpel tunnel syndrome, not to mention varicose veins from standing all day, so go ahead and give'em the 15%.How much are you supposed to tip your hair dresser? I spent $80 today and gave my stylist a $10 tip.?
you are the worst tippers because people think that you are rich and you should give people that service you more than you do. Because they think that your rich. Like you dont have bills to pay yourself. 10 dollars was enough for her other people dont tip so its plenty. And she charged you 70 dollars in the first place. Thats too high in the first place. go to a salon of color and you will pay 30 for a wash and set. 60 for a perm if you use their product. 50 if you bring your own.
$80.00 haircut = $16.00 tip :)
first time ever i heared about someone tipping a hair dresser.


And i ain't no doctor.
That's 12.5% . Sounds fair to me.
that's what tipped my hair dresser when i had my hair done. so i think that's about right
Although the salon may be overcharging you, usually the person doing your hair gets a (low) hourly rate. So tip the stylist 10-20 percent, depending on how hard they worked and how much you can afford. Same goes for nails.





As for doctors- I could see how people expect them to give big tips- just because they are doctors. Most of them work really hard and it's not fair to assume that they should pay more than anyone else.
I figure as much as they charge, that is their tip. What I'd like to know is why everyone these days expect a tip. It's gotten way out of control if you ask me.
I usually go by the waitress rule (I was one and probably overtip) but I have never left less than 5 and usually 20 percent of the tab. For my stylist, I do the same thing!


(My hair is great. They love me!)
That's About Right, I Think It's Supposed To be About 15%.
If she/he is the owner then tipping is not needed however, tipping the shampoo washer is good. And if the hairdresser is not the owner then you should tip according to how well you like the style or with myself how long i know my hairdresser.
You spent 80 bucks? No wonder my health care is so high.
20 % for hair dressers ,, and yes the richer the client the worse the tip . They actually think we earn enough and get paid . they figure we don't get tipped why should you . My best tippers are waitresses .. and i tip the waitresses what i think proper , if she is really pleasant , say my meal was $40.00 i would tip her a $20.00 if she performed poorly ,$8.00 Tip what you can most hairdressers are just happy to have you come back in their chair again , and if they know you are strapped for cash ,,, they would understand .
my best friend is a hair stylist and a $10 tip would be considered an insult. you should be tipping $20 probably - especially if you like it. its hard to get a good hair style or color.





my friend is a good stylist and a lot of her clients will tip what they paid for a haircut - i personally think that is insane. i say a $20 tip is best.
five
i think 10-15 % if you find their services satisfied
$2
its completely up to you but remember hairdressers wages are not that good so they appreciate any thing you give them unless you take the piss and give them a penny or cent
15%??? maybe in the 80's, nowadays we go 25% wherever me and the misses go... dinner, haircut anything that requires tipping....25%
15% if u r having dinner this is too much
I don't tip my hairdresser so I wouldn't know...
dont tip noone does
i say give them a 5 dollar tip i mean damn u already spent 80 bucks and 4 me... they have 2 do a really good job 2 get 10 bucks
im not even going to touch the tipping doctors thing...


But i think 80 bucks for your hair is reasonable IF you like the outcome. I pay between 80-235 for my hair and i dont complain cuz i can go somewhere cheaper but i dont get the same result. as for the tip i always tip and well, if you appreciate the job he did TIP if not dont
Well, my mother is a stylist and I can tell you for sure that a 10 dollar tip on an 80 dollar service is just ';ok';. It means that the service was fine, but not fabulous. 20% tip is for a stylist whom you enjoy, frequent regularly and trust their work. Are you a dedicated person to them? If so, think about a better tip and also holiday gifts. Depending on who they are, during the christmas holidays, a bottle of wine, etc is always a nice thing. During the holidays, my mother comes home with many gifts that her clients give her (if not gift, then a monetary gift, such as a much higher tip)...she is always so appreciative. Hope this helps... there are not many people left in this world who are dedicated to customer service like the hairstylist. Goodluck!
I'd say it would depend on how good the haircut turned out....make the tip for what it's worth to you....
0 dollars for a bad job,10% for an okay job,20% if the person is a freind or did a great job or a large amount of effort
it depends on the service we had

No comments:

Post a Comment