Wednesday, December 28, 2011

If a hair dresser does a TRULY atrocious job of cutting your hair, is it acceptable to not leave them a tip?

I got my hair cut a couple of days ago and it looked absolutely awful...I paid my hair dresser for it %26amp; I also left her a $5 tip because I didn't really know what I was supposed to do. But now almost everyone who's seen my hair has said that I shouldn't have tipped her.





Should I have, or shouldn't I?If a hair dresser does a TRULY atrocious job of cutting your hair, is it acceptable to not leave them a tip?
I wouldnt have. If they do a horrible job and completely mess up your hair, why should they get it.





Theres been a few times where it looked like they took a weedwacker to my head, and I do not tip, its there job to be able to cut hair the right way If a hair dresser does a TRULY atrocious job of cutting your hair, is it acceptable to not leave them a tip?
It is done and over with ... it's not like you can take back that $5 tip now. If she truly did mess your hair up then you should have asked to speak to the manager, explain yourself, and if the stylist did in fact do an atrocious job on your hair then you will not have to pay for it. Sometimes it is not that the stylist did anything bad to your hair, but simply that it doesn't look as good on you as it did from the reference that you provided. Next time if you don't feel he/she did quality enough work for a tip, then by no means should they get one.
I work in a salon. there r stylists that don't listen to a thing a client says and go ahead and do whatever the hell they want. if that's the case then no u dont have to tip and u can end ask for a re cut by somebody else who will get the credit from the stylist that messed it up. But I have seen clients insist on haircuts that dont match their hair texture or frame and if the results r disappointing then she should have listened to the hair stylist, she already did her job and needs to get paid. I would like to look like Jessica Simpson to but I can't.
Take comfort in the fact


that you are not alone.


Everyone at some time in their


life, gets a really bad haircut.





I most definitely would not have


left the stylist a tip.


In the future, if this should


happen to you again, do not


leave a tip and then make


a complaint to the owner-


either by phone or while you


are still there.
Well, gratuity should be based on your satisfaction. And although it is polite to tip, it is not required as long as there is justification. Ultimately, it depends on what you think of the overall job. Now if you were at a restaurant and received poor service, you still tip because the waiter or waitress's employer expects you to tip. This is why the food serving industry is notorious for their low wages.
Since a tip shows your satisfaction with the service performed, I don't think you should have left one. I also think you should have told the stylist and the manager that you were not satisfied. You probably wouldn't have had to pay for the cut.


That being said, I probably would have done the same thing you did.
Aw, I'm sorry about your hair.





Tips are based on how pleased you are though, but I'm not fond of leaving no tip, so I probably would have either left $5 tip like you did, or explained what I didn't like about it in a polite way, and then left a much larger tip if she fixed it to my satisfaction.
You leave a tip in appreciation of a job well done. That applies to a hairdresser as well as a waiter. The girl that ruined your hair will think you were satisfied with what she did. The only way you can get the point across is to forego the tip and let her know you're not at all satisfied.
yes, my mom is a hair cutter a really good one (she works in an upscale salon) even if you dont like it , it would be very sad making the women work.. they live off the tips for the week. even if you dont like the hair cut give her another chance dont switch hair dressers wen u go back to the shop. (it happened to my mom once becasue the lady didnt like her color, my mom was heartbroken) next time give a tip its the right hting to do
I do the same thing... For some reason I hate my haircut, but I don't know what to say more than...





';uh yeah it's great'; Then I go home and cry and find another stylist.


I think it's easier to stiff a bad waiter/waitress because you just leave them the money on the table. You don't have to look them in the eye and hand it to them.





Basically I have a really hard time telling the hairdresser that they are just awful and someone should pull their license.





Ahh...it's people like us that keep these horrendous people employed and ignorant. I think it would be easier not to tip them if you (and I) first told them that they hadn't done a very good job at all. Instead of running somewhere else and going ';FIX IT PLEASE!!!!';





LOL I just had my hair fixed yesterday. Total cost of two haircuts and two tips. $80. Yuck.
I think you did the right thing... I mean, it's not as if she MEANT to cut your hair badly, you know? But $5 might be kind of alot for something you hate.. I would've left her like $2 or $3.





But if she was really rude to you AND cut your hair badly then I wouldn't have tipped her anything.
If a job is not up to standard then I don't pay at all. That applies to any work someone might do for me.





Its me that has to carry the inconvenience of getting it all done again. Sounds hard but you pay for what you ask for and no more.
well if u wanted to be nice then yes but if u really hate it then just go with what u think, and i suggest that u don't go there again if its looks that bad lol





and yea it might be weird that i answer like all ur questions but their really interesting, and they give me 2 points lol
No you should not have tipped her. A tip is a reward for doing a job correctly not necessarily spectacularly but certainly correctly. One doing a poor job has simply not earned their tip.
Tip=Gratuity. Gratuity=Gratitude. If you don't have gratitude for the service you were given, you don't leave a tip. :)
A gratuity is based on performance and gratitude. Clearly since she performed atrociously and you weren't grateful for it, a gratuity was not in order.
if you think you can't tell her how much you don't like it, i wouldn't leave a tip, anyway, they won't see me anymore since i'm not coming back!!!!
I mean it was polite, but if you're extremely unsatisfied with something then there's no need to tip. tipping is generally based on how much you liked what you got.
I believe you should do whatever you feel comfortable doing. And i think you should call her up and express your feelings. I defiantly would. Good Luck!
If your stylist F*~@%D up your hair, why did you even pay her in the first place let alone leave her a tip. In fact I'd have left her a tip, GO BACK TO TRAINING or FIND A NEW PROFESSION!
You tip people when you are satisfied. Its like an extra ';thank you';. If you didn't like it don't leave your hair dresser a tip.
if she did a truly bad job, you shouldn't have tipped her. her work was sloppy and no good, so theres nothing to be grateful for.
It's kind of like getting a very bad waitress at a restaurant. I don't like leaving nothing so I usually leave a dollar or less. That seems to get the message across. =o`)
Actually, I didn't know you were suppose to tip the hair cutter people until a few months ago.
if your not truly not happy with a hair cut and thought they butchered your hair you dont have to have to pay at all. why spend money for a bad hair cut you didnt want
Last time I gave my hair dresser the tip she fell in love.





NOOOOOO tips are for doing something good, not an award for f**king up
No when i go and get my hair done or something done if i like who they did i give them a tip, if not why should i
Maybe like a buck. For pity. You should have started crying and ran out. She wouldn't have chased you.
ummm...NO! I only tip when I truly enjoy the people who served me.
no you shouldn't have! you should have told her you hated it and had her fix it on the spot! i would have.
It is only 5 bucks...but a hairdresser depends on it...just dont ever use that dresser again....

No comments:

Post a Comment